health insurance is stupid.
i can’t afford the health insurance, and you know what i sure as hell can’t afford ON TOP of health insurance? actually going to the doctor and getting medicine to make me healthy.
this system is deeply broken.
- A book is picked that is believed to hold truth.
- It is balanced on its spine and allowed to fall open.
- A passage is picked, with the eyes closed.
I ask a question, pick a book from my shelves that feels right, open to a page, and blindly choose a passage.
The answers I get are great.
The first time I asked, ‘Tell me something I need to know,’ and the passage was, “You are original,” said he, “and not timid.”
Today I am having a really fucking awful day, and so I asked, ‘What should I do?’ and the book said, “This is impossible.” ”No,” said Brom gruffly. ”I’ll say when it’s impossible or not. Fight for it! Don’t give in this easily. Try again.” Which is exactly what I needed to hear.
small things to do that make your mind feel clearer
- close all your internet tabs except the one you’re using
- delete all your text messages
- delete negative people from social networks
- throw some things away. just throw them away
- tidy your desk. make a blank surface
- drink 3 glasses of water
- open the curtains
- wash your face and brush your teeth